Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"And I Would Build a House Around Her"

This morning was my choir disaster... and I also met some college students at the ISA office. I'm going to meet with their group to tour the Museo del Bellas Artes this Friday as well.

The Afternoon:

At 5 me and Iciar went to get the kiddos. Me and Jon left first to have some 1 on 1 time. He had one euro to his name so we decided to go to the store and get some juice and then go have a picnic on the way home in this little plaza he loves to take me. (I'll post a picture asap). He buys three apple juices for 98 centimos. We go eat... talk and make up a fantastic secret handshake (or 5).

As we are leaving we saw this lady playing the accordion. Yesterday when it was just me Leire and Jon I gave them each 20 centimos coins to give her because they thought she played so well. Then when they give it to her they were so sad by how little people were giving her that I gave them another euro to give to her. Seeing her today Jon immediately became very upset with himself and (sidenote: Jon is the most ANIMATED boy I've ever met. He should be an actor) saying he wouldnt have used that euro had he known etc... So after sitting and thinking awhile before walking past this lady... Jon screams (literally screams.. or maybe "shrieks" is a better word) that he has a great idea. He is going to offer her his remaining 2 apple juice boxes. So we walk up to her and before saying a word she recognizes us and calls Jon cariño. Jon apologizes for not having any money but asks if she would like his last 2 juice boxes instead. She seemed very grateful and he then proceeded to tell her how great she played and that he hoped to see her again tomorrow. Then as we were leaving he tells me if he were a rich man... he would build a house around her while she slept and fill it with beautiful furniture and new clothes. This kid is really great. 

Tonight everything was pretty normal. Except Leire has a fever and will be staying home tomorrow. 1 on 1 she is easy as pie and extremely sweet. It will be much easier if she stays home alone but we will see - I cant imagine will let that happen without a fight. 


I do not know HOW I got them to look at me while watching TV... especially while watching Shin Chan - their favorite show about a very poor mannered asian kid who really likes to flash people and do inappropriate things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment