Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Choir Practice...

Today's been a good day. Dropped the kiddos off at school. They were in very very bad moods but Iciar was with me so it was no big deal. Then worked out at the Met... came home - had the house to myself a bit.

And here begins the story of the choir.

As social of a person as I usually am, It's HARD to meet people here. My hours are completely opposite everyone elses and I can really only go out at night on the weekend. So that first week when I went to ISA- Genaveva - the woman who works there told me that every Tuesday and Thursday at the University a choir group meets. So I'm thinking high school choir where no talent is really required and the bad people blend in with the good ones etc... but no. Wrong wrong wrong. I show up and meet like 4 really sweet girls... then am sat smack dab in the front row center. Inaki - the choir director - then proceeds to have me sing in front of the entire choir to hear my voice and see if I'm a soprano or whatever else there is. Then asks if I can read sheet music which obviously with my luck I cannot. So he leaves me where I am and we begin to sing... very strange songs in English I've never heard of. Where I then realize this choir is incredible and everyone in it sounds like a professional. I'm sure I was bright red at this point after butchering a simple set of oh-oH-OH-oH-oh-oh-oh's.

If that wasnt TERRIBLE enough... the practice lasted the FULL 2 hours and then some. AND they got my name number and email for all the listserv stuff. AND gave me all the sheet music for all the songs they cover. I feel like a jerk enough already (given that I KNOW I will never go back...)



No comments:

Post a Comment